PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Temptation Tuesdays - Heavenly Pancakes



Don't ask me why I decided to do a post about pancakes in the middle of winter...well I guess there kind of is a story behind these.  A few months ago I was asked to provide pancake batter for a breakfast being held at my work.  I wasn't quite sure how much would be needed to feed around 80 people so I made A LOT...and ended up bringing half of the dry mix back home with me.  That means the kiddos and I have been eating pancakes about two or three times a month to use up all the mix.  Good thing these pancakes are so super yummy, a breeze to whip up, and so fluffy...I swear they get close to an inch thick when cooking.  So, here's the really, really easy recipe for pancakes you'll get lots of compliments on...like I did!

Mix together:
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
2/3 cups sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 tablespoon baking soda
Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.
 
 
When ready to prepare pancakes, mix together:
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
for every 1 cup of dry pancake mix.
 
 

Cook on your favorite griddle or pan:


See how golden they are?  This recipe makes about six 4-5" pancakes.

Serve with your favorite syrup, and some powdered sugar and they are heavenly.  Enjoy!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...