PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Who Are We?

Welcome to Maple & Vine!  We decided to start this blog as a place where we can share our ideas with friends and family who are interested in what we are doing.  However, if you don't happen to fit in that group you may be asking, "But who are you?"  So here's the answer:

I'm Melissa, a single, never sitting still gal that doesn't seem to have enough time, or money ;-), to get everything done that I want.  I have 3 beautiful daughters that are almost as busy as I am.  This means I have to be very careful with with how I organize my world.  I love learning and rather than pay someone else to do something for me or buy the products I see, I like to figure it out on my own and make it work with my life.  Also, after my divorce I was forced to rethink everything I thought I knew about money.  It was a major challenge to figure out a way to maintain my quality of life but I wouldn't change the experience for the world.  I feel so incredibly blessed to see things in a different, and much more productive, light.  I'm really excited for this adventure to begin!

...and I'm Stephanie.  Mother of three, if you count my husband.  Living in rural USA has it's perks, like being able to change lanes without getting in an accident, showing up for a movie right on time and still getting a good seat- or letting your children play in the road.  It may not seem so bad, but it was a huge adjustment for me.   Being from a slightly larger city- and moving to an oil driven community in the sticks, I've had to learn to become more self reliant.  My creative outlets are what keep me from the inevitable anti-depressant.  I love photography, photoshop, and any craft I can get my hands on.  I work part time and have to curb my guilt for not being with my kids more.  I try to make every day count, whether it's doing something for me, my family or someone else.  I can't wait to share mine, and all my other influences, creative endeavors!

We had the lucky experience of being roommates in college and have remained friends ever since.  It has been incredible to not only stay good friends but watch as our own children are becoming friends too.  From the beginning we realized that we had many interests in common just with a slightly different twist.  We hope you like what you see and visit us often!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...