PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, August 27, 2010

Craft Club!

A few months ago I started a craft club because it seems as though I'm always finding cute things I want to make but never do.  I'll save pictures and think that someday I'll have time to make it and it never happens.  In order to actually make some of these cute projects but not be too overwhelmed I came up with the club idea.  It is a great way to get together with friends and have a good time.  We've only met once but it was fun and even more people are coming to the next one.  Now that this website is finally up and running (ya, only sort-of since we haven't posted much yet, but eventually that will change I promise!) I plan on running the club through here.  Let me give you a quick run down of how it works.

1.  We meet every six weeks on a Saturday.  Time and place to be determined by how many are participating and the craft we are making.  The remaining dates for 2010 are September 11 at 10:00 a.m. October 23rd and December 4th.  Of course, there may be cancellations or changes to this as necessary.

2.  I will come up with the project ideas (any suggestions are welcome) and will try to keep them around $20.00 or under.  If you are not interested in the project for that week's club you simply don't have to participate that time!  I will have the next project idea ready to announce when the group meets and will also send an email for those who did not attend.  I will try and do my best to keep the projects varied so we are not always making similar items.

3.  All projects must be paid for IN ADVANCE!  I simply cannot do IOU's.  All money needed to purchase supplies will be due 2 weeks prior to the meeting which will count as your RSVP.  That will allow me sufficient time to get all supplies purchased and the prep work done.

4.  As mentioned I will do as much of the prep work (such as cutting, sanding, base coats of paint etc.) as I can.  I hope this will allow us sufficient time to actually complete what we start!  I hate when I don't have enough time to finish something in one go-round!

5.  You may need to bring your own supplies periodically and I will let you know when that is necessary.

6.  Come and have fun!

So, are you interested in joining me in September?  Here's what we'll be making:



I got the idea off a cute blog I like, http://www.treyandlucy.blogspot.com/

Anyway, there will be a wide variety of colors to choose from so you should be able to make anything fit your needs.  The cost for all 4 is $10.00.  A set of 2 is $5.00.  Not bad right?  I know some of the gals coming are making these as Christmas gifts.

If you are interested in participating in this group please send me an email at mapleandvine@hotmail.com and I will add you to the "official" list!  Money for the September craft is due tomorrow, August 28th.  I'm obviously cutting this close so I can push that out to September 8th for you newbies!  If you have any questions at all either leave a comment or send me an email.

Hope to see you there!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...