PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, October 31, 2010

It's That Time of Year!

I love making yummy soups for dinner in the fall.  Tonight I whipped up a Creamy Broccoli soup that was delicious.  This recipe has cheese in it but it's not Velveeta and it's not overpowering.  Don't get me wrong, I love cheesy broccoli soup too.....I just want to make clear that this recipe is not like that.  Here it is!
Over medium-high heat:
1.  Make a roux (ooohh, I sound official using the word roux
;-) using 1/2 cup of butter and 1 cup of flour
2.  Very slowly stir in 4 cups of chicken broth until there are no lumps
3.  Add 3-4 cups of water (just depends on how thick you like your soup)
4.  Bring to a low boil, stirring occasionally
5.  Add approximately 2 cups of chopped broccoli
6.  Add 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
7.  Add desired amounts of salt and pepper
8.  Let boil approximately 15 minutes (or for however long depending on the consistency you like your broccoli to be), stirring occasionally
9.  Stir in 1 cup of cream, when blended in remove from heat and serve.


I promise it's super easy and because I have been coupon shopping over the past year I had all of these ingredients on hand and didn't have to go to the store at all!  Have I mentioned I LOVE "shopping" from my pantry!?!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...