PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, September 20, 2012

A Fall Wreath Version 2012


Howdy, Howdy!

You know how sometimes you are blog hopping/stalking/spending-all-your-free-time-at-night-looking-at-crafts-on-the-internet-and-you-wonder-why-your-house-didn't-magically-clean-itself and you stumble across something that you want to make right away?  Well, that happened with me the other day while on Pinterest.  It is such a simple idea and it was super easy, although a little time consuming.  But still, this is easily a make-while-you're-watching-a-movie kind of project.  Now, because I wasn't in blog mode while working on this I didn't take step by step pictures.  So, I'll give credit where I saw it and link back to Becoming Martha's website so you can see her tutorial.  I would like to add a little more information though.

1.  She doesn't ever say how much burlap she actually used.  I think I added more 'bubble's to my wreath than she did and ended up using exactly 2 yards.

2.  Don't take the time to perfectly measure your burlap.  It will NOT be worth it in the end since the burlap frays, and the bubbles are not supposed to be perfect or the wreath would get boring.  I really just eyeballed my cuts and some of them were more like 4 x 6 and it doesn't matter at all.

3.  I used an 18 inch straw wreath from Hobby Lobby.  I liked the $4.99 price tag much better than the $11.99 price for the styrofoam she used.  I didn't even bother taking the plastic wrapping off so the straw would not get all over.

4.  I obviously used a different letter and paper than she did.  This is why I love crafting.....one idea leads to so many different versions!

I took this pictures at night so they're not the best but you can get the idea of what it looks like on my door.  I am thinking about maybe doing this for a craft club in the next week or two.  If you live in the Utah County area and would be interested in attending leave me a comment.  The cost will be $25.00.  If I can get a few people signed up at this late notice I will get a date planned!





P.S. Let's just ignore the 9 month gap since my last post, shall we?  Let's just say, it's not for a lack of projects.  But mostly, I have been working on some personal issues and since I don't blog to make money, it kind of took a back seat.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa,

    I'm one of the editors at http://www.allfreechristmascrafts.com/ and I just wanted to reach out to you, as I've noticed that one of our editors is interested in featuring your projects on our site. I think they're great projects that our readers will just love to make. This will easily bring traffic to your site and allow others to see what's new on your site.

    We would love to add more of your projects to our site, so feel free to let us know as you add or create projects. We are always looking for Christmas projects so if you have any of these please feel free to send them my way or let us know if you prefer we not link to you. We also feature projects from our website on our blogs, eBooks and e-mail newsletters.

    Your projects are great and we know our readers will enjoy them. With that said, can we have permission to link to any project on your site as well as use the image? We will credit you, of course.

    Thanks!

    Kathryn (my email is kwright@primecp.com)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...