PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Super Saturday's Results

Sorry it took so long but here are the results of my ambitious Saturday.  I didn't get everything done because, you know, stuff happens.  However, I was glad to get some of it accomplished.  Can't wait for next weekend to work on some more!

What I didn't get done:
*Maegan's bedskirt
*My personal blog (I actually tried but was having weird issues with blogger so I gave up)
*Would have made the jam but forgot the pectin when I went grocery shopping.  :-(
*Didn't make the October craft because Michael's didn't have any of the items I needed.  Guess I will end up at Robert's sometime this week
*No time for the mall
*And, I was a bad mom.  We had pizza for dinner.

Things I did do:
*Clean, sparkling house (my happy place)
*Freshly mowed lawn
*Nicely painted toenails
*Went grocery shopping
*Washed the car (not on the original list)
*Got some supplies for the Halloween party at the dollar store.  I can't wait, it's going to be so fun!
*Only had 2 cans of Mt. Dew and believe me, when I'm tired, that is a very good thing!
*Learned a little more of Clair De Lune.  I'm not a good piano player.  It takes me FOREVER practicing to play a song well but I really want to push myself.  This is where I am right now.




















The completed projects:
*This wasn't on my original list but I saw this AMAZING idea to make glass hurricanes and it turned out so well!  I am really happy.  These retail for so much money and this was under $5.00 for EVERYTHING.  I wish I could remember where I saw the idea to give proper credit but unfortunately I can't.



















*Went to Michael's instead of Roberts because I was next door looking for fabric.  I DID get all the supplies I needed to make my "fallish" thing for my front door.  After I filled the basket it spread apart a little so I had to go back over it with spray paint so the light color doesn't show anymore.  I spent a little more than I usually do on projects but it was still under $30.00 and sometimes you just have to spend a little for the results you want.  I'm still not completely happy with it though.  I haven't figured out what it still needs but when I do I'll let you know.
*Found the perfect fabric for my curtains!  I went to Home Fabrics because it has amazing prices.  I narrowed it down to a a few different bolts and let the girls make the final selection.  I have to say they made a good choice.  I wasn't purposely doing so but they ended up picking the fabric that was on clearance for $3.00 a yard.  A few weeks ago I found the curtain rods on clearance at Kmart.  They were cream so I got out some brown spray paint and magically the were perfect for my family room.  Everything cost under $30.00!!!  Not too shabby!  I've been able to paint a couple rooms in the house so the next long weekend I have I hope to convince my landlord to let me get rid of the ugly white walls.  They need to be warmed up a bit!










*And last but not least, I was able to take my cables and get them nice and pretty.  Wish me luck convincing my kids to keep them this way!  I made them small enough that I can still put the lid on the container but big enough to find what you're looking for.
Hope you like!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...