PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, October 7, 2010

This Weeks' Purchases and a Coupon Class!

Wow!  I am a little surprised that I have officially been asked to teach a coupon class.  I was even offered to be paid for it but I declined.  I'm really not trying to make any kind of money with this, just trying to save money so I am excited to share my views on all the coupon stuff!  I'll be teaching next Thursday, October 14th at 6:00 p.m. in Orem.  If you are interested in attending let me know and I can get the address to you.  I know this blog mostly seems to be about shopping and I promise it's not.  I just don't have as much time to create things as I wish but I do have to buy food so that's how it's working so far.  Anyway, here are the pictures of my shopping trips to Smith's and Walgreen's this week.  I definitely got some great stuff!

Walgreens:

After feeling a little upset after my trip last week I analyzed some of the websites I love and realized that 1) I don't know if they have full time jobs because they often talk about driving to multiple stores which I absolutely do not have time to do and 2) I seem to purchase a broader range of products and don't focus just on the few items that are an amazing deal.  I've guess I would rather buy higher ticket items when they go on sale but they don't the amazing deals associated to them.  For example, one scenario I saw this week had about 3 items listed and purchased them over and over in multiple transactions.  I also bought some of those items but also included 2 of the Pledge Pet Hair Remover because after trying one I was hooked.  I love having our cats but hate cat hair on the couches and these work amazingly well.  So, that said, I've decided I need to change my $10.00 challenge to a $10.00 guideline.  lol.  This week I spent $12.51 and bought:

3 EOS fruit lipglosses
2 Crest toothpastes
2 bottles v8 Fusion (Strawberry/Banana yum!)
2 packages microwave popcorn
2 Pledge Fabric Sweepers
and I still have a $3.00 register reward to start out with next week!


Smith's:

One of the funny things about coupon shopping is that your purchases look so bizarre.  Just remember that over the next few months any time I need to cook anything with cream cheese I got 10 bricks for FREE in October!  They are all marked, rotated and sitting in my freezer for future use.  My total this week was $11.59 and I came home with:

1 head lettuce
6 bags Quaker rice cakes
2 boxes Rice Krispy Treats
2 bags Doritos
10 bricks cream cheese



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever frozen cream cheese? I didn't think you could...you need my recipe for Pumpkin Rolls so you can make and freeze them! Hey! How about I post it on here? Hmmmm.... it's an idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...