PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, November 6, 2011

I'm Back!

Hello!  I FINALLY have my computer back and am ready to get back to blogging!  Obviously I have been out of commission for many, many months.  I apologize that it has taken so long but unfortunately, having a major over-haul on my computer really wasn't in the budget.  I am so surprised to see how many people keep checking in or otherwise I might have quit it all together.  I wish this "debut" post were more exciting but I'm still working on getting all of my pictures downloaded and organized.  Therefore, here is a quick little blurb about an ongoing project I've been working on.  It's no secret that I love a good bargain.  The past two years of shopping with coupons has allowed me to stock my home with everything I use at unbelievable prices.  So much so in fact, that I am kind-of morphing into more of a wholesale type shopper.  I've been tracking all of the items I use in my home for about a year.  I've also tracked at what price I've purchased the item.  This ensures that in the future I really will only buy something at rock bottom prices.  One thing I have grown to love is the bulk food section at WinCo.  When I am planning my weekly shopping trips I like to compare the prices to WinCo and a couple other grocery stores.  Unfortunately, WinCo will not give prices over the phone.  IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!  Because of this, they have lost some of my business because I'm not going to make the 25 minute drive if I am not 100% sure it's worth my time.  I created this little spreadsheet to help me out.  I went to the WinCo closest to me and wrote down all of the items I use (not everything, sorry).  I don't know if their prices are the same everywhere, but I figured I would share my findings in case anyone would find this helpful.   Email me at mapleandvine@hotmail.com and I can email you the .pdf.  I'm really glad I did this because Walgreen's has Clabber Girl baking powder on sale this week.  Without a manufacturer's coupon, it would be better to purchase at WinCo.  However, with the mq, I now know I definitely needt to get it at Walgreen's.  Make sense?  Anyway, like I said, not exciting but I love saving as many pennies as I can by shopping smart. 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...